Beiträge von ApexLongimanus

Im Tauchmagazin "Adventuer Diver" das vor einigen Wochen das erste mal erschienen ist gibt es ein 13 seitiges Interview mit John. Darin wird u.A. auch dieses Thema angesprochen.

You are faced with what can you do and who can you save, and then you get ino an argument with the Coast Guard helicopter during the evacuation? >> The Coast Guard swimmer comes down with the rescue basket and said they were going to take the son first. I said, "Take the son. Don't take the father." At this point, we had done CPR on Chris for something close to two hours. I was adamant, "The son has a chance. I know this family. If the father could sit up and have one thing to say to you , he'd say 'Take my boy'. Chris is not going to make it. The only chance we have is to get the son treated as fast as possible."

Time element here is absolutely crucial. >>We are as under the gun as you can be and we've already kind of resolved on ourselves to the fact that Chris Sr. is not going to make it. We're still doing CPR, but all of our hopes were really with Chrissy.

So how did you reconcile this triage? >> I understand the Coast Guard's position that Chris is not dead until he's pronounced dead by a doctor, so we're doing what is procedure, which is to keep doing CPR. But from a practical standpoint, the father was dead and we should expend no further effort in trying to resuscitate him. We should try to focus our eforts on the son. But that's not the way the system works.

Demnach war es John's Position Chris nicht mitzunehmen und sich voll auf die Rettung von Chrissy zu konzentrieren.

Tolle Show! Normalerweise steht immer John Chatterton in Vordergrund. Schoen mal ein Interview aus er Perspektive von Richie zu hoeren.
    Uebrigens, die DivePortal DVD von Chatterton/Kohler ist wirklich Klasse. Die 2. Edition kommt am 1. Dezember auf den Markt. Wenn Ihr sie kaufen wollt, denkt daran das es eine NTSC Version ist und nicht auf PAL Geraeten laeuft.