Beiträge von neil richardson

Outside of Germany, i'd say the sheerwater, or the VRX, or the liquivision or even a Heliox if your not going to do too many trimix dives in a year (hell i use my Suunto Vytec, as although its not a trimix computer, it gives me a pretty good trimix profile for dives down to 70m).

But inside of Germany, the OSTC just wins it... the support for this computer is stronger than in anywhere else in the world, and likewise the support for the others are at their weakest here...

yep, heard about those guys :-)

Also heard about some Brit's who did it about 4 years ago, and also heard of a couple of others who have arranged it, and already had a few other people contact me saying their trying to arrange it as well.. Only problem is, everyone is stuck with regards getting a boat that goes out there...

Hence, the biggest search is for a possible boat.... thoughts anyone??

As for time, well, everythings still in the early stages at the moment, so...

Trying to organise an expedition to Jutland either next year or the year after...

Im looking for leads for whose done this before!?? what boats are possible to be chartered and what the potential risks are?

My plan being to charter a liveaboard for 4-5 days, for 10-12 people. But still working on the logistics, as this is all at a REALLY EARLY stage :-)

Neil

may i reccomend you guys look on your door step??

This guy has been churning out some AWESOME torches, which have been absolutly knocking whats presently on the market, out the window.

http://www.mb-sub.com/ledsystem0/?L=0

Only problem i have seen has been his limited market penetration. I admit i own a VB 8, and in comparison to my old H scouts (which are now sold), my Photon Torpedos (which i now loan out) and my old 10w HID, this just blows them away.. its almost got as much punch as my old 21w hid, but not quite. However, it does make up for it in wide spread.....

I'd seriously consider looking at these if i was after a torch...

Neil

ha ha,, thanks, ive posted around a few posts to various people and im awaiting back... at the moment SAS out of hanover have been the most pro-active, and have been very helpful in me building my custom twin set... so watch this space..

Alas, with deeo stop, i ran into language problems, and Baltic Dive Centre, only sell Halcyon... :-(

Thanks Constantin, got that post, and ive contacted a whole load of people from it :-)

However, if none of this is standard in germany, may i ask what the standard specifications that people have, are?? as if i have to change specifications to match in with local availability, so be it....

Regards

Neil

Hi all,

Anyone got any recomendation on where to get a set of twin 12's from??

ive just moved to Germany, presently working in Kiel (so if you need a buddy, or are heading out, please let me know), but all the local dive shops only seem to sell Halycyon equipment, which i quite frankly am not prepared to buy..

Ideally, what i am looking for is as follows:

twin 12L - Euros
    Scubapro or Agir Brok or MDE manifol - 232 fitting..
    Handwheels - Sherwood long tactile
    Bands - Agir Brok wides (3" wide), m25 threads or the highland wides...

Regards

Neil